Ideas and Activities for CBCA Book Week
CBCA Book Week 2020: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds
Free CBCA Book Week activities!
The Merchandise Sub-committee has been working with Gwyn Perkins to create some free downloadable activities for CBCA Book Week. They have also been published on the CBCA Book Week page of the national website.
Using Gwyn Perkins' quirky and colourful theme artwork, we've created a free colouring poster to download, print (A3 or A4) and colour. You'll notice that there are a few of Gwyn's 'Curious Creatures' missing from the poster. This is to allow children to add their own.
Gwyn Perkins has created this fun interactive bookmark activity. Simply print the following sheets (we recommend printing on a slightly heavier stock than regular printer paper) and follow the instructions to create four quirky bookmarks.
Draw your own curious creature
Gwyn Perkins created the artwork for our third and final free downloadable activity for CBCA Book Week 2020: a 'Draw Your Own Curious Creature' activity.
- Each year the Ipswich District Teacher Librarian Network produces resources to support CBCA Book Week:
- The Children's Book Council of Australia website lists useful book week resources:
Have Fun with Go for 2&5 during CBCA Book Week
CBCA Children’s Book Week is proudly sponsored by Healthway promoting the Go for 2&5 message. Click the image below to download, print and colour in these curious creatures and their fabulous food choices!
Reading promotion and display ideas
- Find out as much as you can about the shortlisted authors or illustrators and then role play interviewing an author or illustrator with one student taking the role of an author/illustrator and another taking on the role of the interviewer.
- Attend CBCA Book Week activities at your local library.
- Dress up
- Involve students in the creation of a striking library display.